Do you have the gift of hospitality? Would you like to help us make people feel welcome at DUMC?? If so, we need you! GREETERS needed for 9:30 worship service. Looking for a place to plug in and give back – only need to commit to one Sunday per month!
GREETERS: In general, greeters carry the responsibility for the following:
1. Opening doors to make sure the entrance into the church is welcoming to all.
2. Giving full attention to the gathering assembly by offering a “Good Morning”. Keep in mind that a handshake or appropriate touch can speak volumes
3. Smile, which not only magnifies your true inner sincerity and sensitivity, but is an international sign of welcome to all the faithful.
4. Seek the face of Jesus in everyone.
5. If you can help the Ushers in any way, please do so. One way might be to walk a newcomer to the children’s area instead of just pointing the way.
Call or email Amy Thrailkill to sign up: email@example.com or 904-536-6377
Wednesday Night Dinner
UNG Wesley will
be hosting the Wednesday night dinner in the fellowship hall, March 21st. The dinner
will be to benefit Wesley's August mission trip to Haiti.
Dinner will begin at 5:45. Prices for a plate will be $6 for adults and
$4 for students. Thank you for your support.
The menu will be Tacos!
A date has been determined for the DARAJA concert at DUMC! Mark your calendars for June 24, 2018. This was the only date offered to us. DARAJA is a children’s African choir that was created to bridge different cultures by igniting hearts to worship. Please contact Staci Kiefaber if you are interested in hosting some of the DARAJA children in your home. 706-537-2305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sewing Hearts Circle
Sewing Hearts Circle will be meeting in the Fellowship Hall the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month from 9:30 am-12:30 pm, beginning Feb.16th. Bring your sewing machine or useful sewing items. Don't know how to sew? Ironing and stuffing is needed. Heart pillows will go to: men, women, children, hurting from cancer's, surgeries, grieving, homebound with illness. Come, enjoy fellowship. For more info call Patricia Hill at 770 639 6794.
Outreach Ministry-Guatemala Mission
Praise the Lord we have a trailer for storage and we are ready to receive items. You can contact Art Fowler at 706-973-9233 or on our Facebook page, HFTCM Container Ministry for donation pickups. Watch for information related to dropping off items. We have the dates of June 9th-16th for a team to serve in Guatemala. Join us as we serve the children of Guatemala with the Hearts for The Children Ministry.
For a list of needs for No One Alone, Community Helping Place, and Rainbow Children's Home please go to Outreach, Community Partnerships.